Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Still waiting...

So, yeah. We are still waiting. I am officially 1 week overdue today. Yesterday we went into the hospital but they sent me home saying I was in early labor and not ready to be admitted. So here we are, just waiting. Hopefully it will be sometime tonight or tomorrow....an independence day baby wouldn't be so bad, would it? (...firecrackers always going off on her birthday!) I am having contractions but they are coming and going. Matt and I are off to go on a long walk hoping that will disturb Karis's peace and relaxation. Say a prayer for us...I'm kind of getting nervous about the pain and I am super tired of waiting.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I've been thinking about you guys a lot over the last couple of days. I spent my whole life (really - since I was four) dreaming about being a parent, and when it happened it just felt right. Sometimes I wonder how I love that little person (Evie) so much, and that feeling just get's bigger everyday. Labor is not so bad. It's that same "I'd throw myself in front of a bus for my baby" kind of thing. You'll just do what you have to do for her, when you think of it that way, things don't hurt so bad (physically any way). I still have fresh "new mommy" feelings if you need to talk - I'm here. I'll be praying for you, Matt, and Baby Karis. Give her a big kiss from all of us! I love you very much!
Megan

Anonymous said...

I mean "gets" not "get's" - Hello
Megan

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis!
Talk about nervous?! I could hardly concentrate at work today just thinking and wondering how you're feeling and how Karis is doing in there. Mom, dad, Brent and I are all praying for you guys. Hang in there, sis! Looking forward to the call!

Jen

Anonymous said...

I have been checking your blog daily the last couple of weeks, just in case there was an update. Hang in there, your baby will make an appearance when she is good and ready :). I can't wait to see pictures of little Karis!

Joc said...

Thinking of and praying for y'all! Much love from The Promised Land. Jocelyn

andrés miguel said...

I'm sure I don't have a clue what it's like to be a mommy, but I'm praying for you all the same. I did learn in a yoga class once that if you take deep breaths it really helps in strenuous physical activity. Take deep breaths ;-)

love you tons,
drew

Lance and Heather said...

We love our 4th of July baby! Hang in there and we'll keep checking for updates!

Anonymous said...

I too have been checking for updates, and I've been praying! Can't wait for the big new that she has arrived safely! Love ya, Lina! Hang in there.

Michelle A.