Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Can I get an Amen?!

Matt preached his first sermon this Sunday, and it went great. I was so proud of him being that it was his first sermon ever! There was a time not too long ago when Matt never wanted to work for a church again, much less be the guy up front preaching. He never considered preaching to be something he would be good at. But with some healing, a lot of work, and the Holy Spirit, Matt brought a message to the church this week. A lot of people had encouraging things to say to him afterwards. Today he received a postcard in the mail which said how much they were blessed by the sermon and can see how God has gifted him. I share this with you guys to share the amazing work of what God is doing in my husband's life. I prayed for years for healing and a sense of direction for Matt. We don't always see it happening, but it is beautiful when Jesus lets us watch that process. The picture above was taken on Sunday at a friend's house after the sermon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister!
Good to talk to you the other day.
Love you,
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Dear Alina,

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in Truth". 3rd John 1:4. Thank you for an update and little "peeps" into your California lives. "Two
are better than one". Ecclesiastes 4:9. I am so glad God gave you to each other, but first to Himself. Mama K

Unknown said...

Amen! So glad to hear about the healing God has brought to Matt. you both are always in my prayers and often in my thoughts. You are so dear to my heart and I miss your sweet spirit so very much. It was so good to be able to give your family a big hug Saturday. I wish you could have been there!

Anonymous said...

Dear Alina,
I am really missing you today.....I am longing to hear your easy, sweet laugh and to know that everything is going ok with you. You are really on my heart this morning and pray all is well with your soul. You and Matt are precious to my heart. Mama K