Friday, June 02, 2006

Andrew's visit

It's been too long! No, really...we must catch up! The month of May goes on record as being a hard month in my books. I don't want to expound upon it much tonight as it is getting late and I am exhausted, but I did want to make a reappearance as a blogger. I find it impossible to blog when I am having a hard time, in part because I don't want to sound like Eyor (sp? the gloomy donkey on Winnie the Pooh) but also because I tend to feel very uninspired during hard times and I usually only write when I'm inspired. So here I go getting back on the blogging saddle again! I did want to post some pictures from my brother Andrew's visit to California. He has been here since Monday and is leaving on Saturday. It is nothing short of delicious to have family and old friends visit us all the way out here on the west coast, so I don't take these kind of visits for granted. I hope to write more about what is going on in our lives, but until then I wanted to leave you with these pictures of our week thus far. Have a great weekend.


Behold my California husband, donning his west coast tan and new glasses and new weight loss--he is awesome, dropping 15 lbs. in just one month.




I love this picture of Andrew and Matt looking out on Pacific together. The picture melts my heart! These are two very special boys in my life!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alina! Welcome back to the world of blogging! You have been missed!! Matt's glasses look great! Great pictures. Can't wait for you to tell what is going on in your life, via blog or that phone conversation we can't coordinate. You also owe a "6 weird six about me" blog...I am looking foward to learning your oddities.I love you.
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Dearest Alina,
I'm so glad you're "back". I knew in my heart that you were going thru a tough time and I was trying to pray even harder for you. You are priceless and so good for my son and I love you all the more for being a part of his life. The pic of the 2 of you is fantastic. You, of course look beautiful but my Matt---what a transformation!!!!! Keep up the great work, whatever you're doing is working, Matt. I am so surprised at the glasses and hair and weight loss. I love you, Matt, with all my heart (thru thick and thin), but I know you are happier with yourself when you are fighting the weight battle and winning. (you have seen me thru thick and thinner :0) Glad you are feeling better, Alina. My love to you both. Tell Andrew "hi" for me.Mama K

Mary H said...

Alina,
Your blog posting made me smile! Thanks for your honesty in just sharing that the last month has been hard, and thanks for sharing the joy of refreshing times with family. It was great to see your pictures -- you look great!

Things are going well here. I just changed jobs, so that's been a huge adjustment! And, wedding plans are coming along. God is good, life is quite busy though.

Love to you,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Dear Alina,
Could I have Peter's address so I could send a gift to Alina Beth? I would like to send it by Father's Day.
You could send it to my e-mail address or leave it on my answer machine. Thanks! Mama K

Unknown said...

Eeyore happens to be my favorite character, because when he smiles, it is just ever so special! I will continue to pray for you and Matt!

Anonymous said...

Kipoo!!!