Monday, May 01, 2006

On birthdays and good friends

Saturday night went great. There were eight of us total sitting around my living room drinking moderately good green apple martinis (pictured to right) and chowing down on Thai coconut curry chicken while discussing life and getting to know one another. There were friends here who I have known anywhere from long time to some only a couple of months. It was so wonderful to sit there, talk, and laugh and enjoy the evening. One of my favorite things is watching my friends interact with each other. It was so enjoyable sit back, enjoy their company, and realize the blessing of friendship. Whether friendship be with a friend from childhood, high school, college, beyond college, mother, sister, or in-laws-- here is a toast (blog) to friendships.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great picture! love you!!
kelly

Anonymous said...

Cool pic! I couldn't figure out what they were at first. They kinda look like stained glass lanterns hanging from on high. I love the way you captured the sun shining through. I missed your talent at my graduation, but I missed you more :)
Love you,
Jenny

M.E. said...

Belated happy birthday dear friend. Wish I could've been one of those friends interacting with your other friends...

When's the actual b-day date?

Much love, mari ellen

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful celebration! It is always such an uplifting to have friends show how much they care! I have posted many new pictures of my children on my blog if you'd like to see them. I wish we were closer so you could meet them in person! All my love, Jamie