Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Their first jam session

We gave Karis her first guitar this past weekend. To say she was excited is an understatement. In no time at all, she scooted a chair up next to Matt. They each tuned their instruments and began singing and strumming to Karis' song of choice, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. They followed up with Row, Row, Row Your Boat and finished with It's a Small World After All.

When Karis woke up the next morning, the first thing she told Matt was: "I had a dream about my guitar. We were playing and singing together. Then we saw baby Jesus and Joseph at the end." I don't exactly know how to interpret the dream, but I'm pretty sure she loves the guitar.



10 comments:

kelly said...

that first picture is priceless. and i love her rockin' taylor swift-esque pink guitar.

Brooke said...

That is so cute!!!!! (and so Kodatt)

Megan said...

So cute. Any little girl (ok big girls too) would love to have such a great pink guitar!

Kristine said...

"Then we saw baby Jesus and Joseph at the end."

FTR:I plan on adding this to the end of all of my sentences today.

My personal favorite is the last picture where she is clearly the woman in control of a guitar 2x her size. Rock out, woman.

Johnny Dolphin said...

...I cried when I saw this...I miss you all so much and I love you all so Much. You're probably the most beautiful family I know.

Ryan Wright said...

love this!

Anonymous said...

Alina, once again your writing is superb. It brings me such joy to followg your blog. I remember the first time I logged on; Matt was entertaining Karis with the guitar as she took her first steps! Mary Krell

Anonymous said...

That girl is just growing up too fast......She looks so professional adjusting the strings on the last picture....Mama K

joc said...

*smile* And I love the coloring in the pics.

Anonymous said...

You need to enter that larger photo of her looking down at the guitar in a photo contest, this is superb, the color, shadows, and her angelic face, so professional and it tells a huge story of a tiny person's desire to perform and love for music.
mom