Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Refreshment

Matt and I were really blessed to be able to take the last few days and explore the San Jose area. Last Thursday Matt officially started his vacation and was faithful to "vacate" his responsibilities at the church in search of some much needed rest, relaxation, and unchecked free time to do as he wished. On Sunday we left our area for the trip up north to the San Jose area. Now, our vacation wasn't anything extraordinary, but I have to say it was beautiful in its ordinariness. We spent one night at a beautiful hotel and another night at a stripped down, rustic, freezing-cold lodge. Both of these nights away, while different in the extent of luxury they afforded, granted us 3 whole days of time together without deadlines, work calls, endless hours in front of the computer, and a twelve hour work days. It was awesome. We laughed and each of us realized once again how much we not only love each other but also thoroughly enjoy each other's company.

We spent one night in a cabin at a retreat center just outside of Santa Cruz. It was really wonderful to be surrounded by the beauty of the forest. We went on a hike and saw waterfalls, gigantic pine trees, and incredible views of a mountain creek. What was more amazing was that we were just 10 miles from the Pacific ocean. That is one thing about California that amazes and astounds me. Mountains and forests backing right up to the ocean equal incredible beauty in my mind. I wish you all could experience it some time in your life.


We are looking at 17 weeks with Mattalina, and I have to say I hit a milestone today in the pregnancy. I was sitting at dinner and felt a little gas bubble in the front lower part of my stomach. For those of you who have been pregnant you know this is not gas but the beginning of many movements to come from Mattalina in my belly. It was awesome and I took a moment to sit back in my seat and enjoyed the beauty of a life moving around in me.

I thought I would satisfy the curiosity of some of you out there by posting a pregnancy shot of me at 17 weeks. (I know others of you would rather I didn't :-) ) What can I say...the body becomes rather lumpy during pregnancy and it certainly looks odd during the first 4-5 months. I got some stares at the belly when I first went back to school but I could tell no one felt comfortable saying anything lest the growth be due to gross holiday overeating. Anyhow, here is a shot for you guys. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

so thankful for the picture!! and the first movements felt!! love you, and you look beautiful.

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hey Alina,

I was just cruzin the CC website and found your blog again (I think I was on it once before)

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting.

We are expecting numbers 4 & 5 in three to five weeks. You can read about our adoption at

www.tuiningaadoption.blogspot.com

Keep in touch!

--Dianna

Anonymous said...

Dearest Alina,
I love the baby bump and am delighted that ya'll 3 got a chance to get away. How nice and refreshing to know that after 5 years of marriage behind you, you still enjoy each other. I praise our God for putting the 3 of you together. You are loves, MLK

Anonymous said...

Yay Alina!! I can finally see some growth in that belly of yours. Very reaffirming to know mattalina's growing and moving around in there. May God bless each and every stage of her growth...and yours too. Love ya sis!