Saturday, November 04, 2006

Moo

Grazing is the new way of life for me, it seems. I am 6.5 weeks along in this pregnant journey and so far no symptoms, until today. Nausea has hit me, and it seems the only way to prevent it is to maintain a steady act of eating....little bits of food all day long. I am already tired of eating and thinking about eating. But tonight as we settled into our seats at the movie theater and I began to feel a sense of panic about being locked in a row of people without any food to graze on, I realized that I should get used to this way of life... One that is always concerned with the essentials (food, sleep, and the toilet). Once MattAlina arrives then will begin my journey of making sure all those essentials are met for him/her. What a journey this is and totally life- changing. I am really enjoying it. I have also realized what a calling motherhood is....the other day I looked at Matt in all seriousness and asked him if he was jealous and sad he didn't get to carry this child. After laughing he looked at me very dumbfounded and said emphatically, "UH, no! For starters, it's not even possible." I had an odd moment of sympathy and sadness for him that he misses out on this intimate connection, but then I realized that a lot of girls feel called to this journey from the moment they begin holding baby dolls. What a crazy and fun time!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You now have permission to always have little ziploc bags of saltines with you, and even better...to drink ginger ale all day long!!! The ginger ale thing really excites me! Love you.
Kelly

Anonymous said...

I felt the same thing! I would have been sad if I was a husband! Only mommies (second to God of course!) get to know babies before they're born. Looking back, Evie has some of the same habbits now that she had inside my tummy. So precious! ~Megan

Anonymous said...

Dearest Alina,

So glad to hear how your eating is going. Sounds like you have figured out early on how to suit your needs in this life changing event. I love the saltines idea because of the salt. So in celebration of our trip, I'll snack along with you. (As though I needed an excuse). Take care. See you soon. Mama K

diber said...

Yay! I can finally comment!!!

WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations you guys! How exciting. Sounds like the baby thing hit you like it hit us...not really planned on it, but thrilled.

Dude. I loved eating all the time. Finally, I could eat all the time. I got back to my pre-pregnancy weight after about 4 mos, so it's ok. (just don't eat junk all the time)

I would run around with crackers and carrots and granola bars. Never left the house without them. Early on they ward of nausea, and later on, I was freakin' starving ALL THE TIME!!!

Anyway, I blogged pregnancy under the category of "Elvis sightings" in case you want some (past) commiseration.

Unknown said...

Eating every 2-3 hours, small amounts is best. Ginger snaps are great because the ginger is a natural way to get rid of a nauseated stomach. And just wait...By the time you are six months along, you will have an intimate knowledge of your child's personality. If I had three pages, I'd tell you about how different I felt between Abigail and Aiden. It is amazing, and we are so richly blessed to have to gift to carry them. I love you and am praying for you three!

M.E. said...

I am SO EXCITED!!!! MattAlina will be one blessed child, to have you two as parents!!

april said...

i just can't believe it!!!! i haven't had internet access for fun internet for a few days, and i just read the last 3 post. so proud leen bean! thanks for publicly sharing such beautiful and wonderful news. love to you and the babe!